05 June, 2009

A Heavy Week - Thank You Lord


Wow, it sure is a very heavy week on this first week of June. It seems that everything is arriving at the same time together this week. Aaahh... Lord have mercy.

Last Tuesday, after a very long day at the workplace, I was truly tired out. But I was scheduled to drive my maid to the airport at LCCT, Sepang the same evening. Her flight was at 0655 hrs the next morning. That means I would have to reach there by 0455 hrs. The journey would take me four hours. I got my wife and Joseph my youngest son to join me. We took off with the maid at 0000 hrs. It was a very challenging journey, it would means that I would have to drive all night during our usual sleeping hours. I started well, driving slowly and steadily, but my eyelids got the better of me within the next half an hour. Wow, I really struggled to remain awake and to drive on safely. The truth is the body was so tired and I actually drove in a semi conscious state all the way to the airport. It must been so dangerous and I could have dozed off a dozen times. To make things worse, we met heavy rain in the midst of the journey and visibility was poor. I stopped at every R&R to take some fourty winks. The fourty winks sometime added up to a hundred. We reached the airport at about 0415 hrs. Still good timing! We spent about one a half hour in the airport sending the maid off and then make our way back to Kluang. That will be another 4 hrs on the road. Boy, I really had not sleep. Even with the daylight now, the return journey was as bad as the night journey. I was really tired out and was still driving in that semi conscious state. Reached Kluang finally at 1100 hrs.

How I did I survive that journey? Only God knows. I truly convinced that God has been merciful to me on that night and had sent a dozen His angels to watch over me and my car.

Thank you Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment