14 May, 2009

Only One Life Chance to Impact !!


Yesterday, Chin Hwee called. He has been trying to call me since all Tuesday evening. I managed to answer his call yesterday morning. He brought sad news of the death of our old classmate Vasu. Vasu had committed suicide. He left a young wife and a child. Sad news indeed.

This morning as I walk to the office, another colleague informed me of another death. Apparently the supervisor, Thurai from the workplace had died the night before due to a heart attack. Thurai is in his early fourties. Also left a wife and two young children.

The events kinda left me thinking, wow, life is indeed for a moment. My pastor passed away last September, he was fourty two. He also had left a young family. Brother El'berd from the church keep sending 'sms'es to me with the a catchy phrase "Only one-life chance to impact !". I never ask him what does he meant. I just knew that it meant something 'deep', maybe too deep for me, but it must been something very real to El'berd.

Guess El'berd is right, there is only one life chance, God has not been generous with this life thing. He has given only one to each person. Whether it is to impact, like for El'berd, to love God, to love your family, or love people as Jesus commanded or anything else. Or maybe to make that big money and enjoy. This is a serious choice here. Sounds like I have to really choose carefully. There is only one life chance. Cannot take it lightly. Mmmmm......mmmh !!

What is your choice?

No comments:

Post a Comment