19 January, 2009

Coin Box


I actually placed my coin boxes right there on my dressing table, in my bedroom. I had three all together, each for a difference size coin. Both my sons, David and Jonathan each has their own coin boxes. My wife would regularly give them their pocket money and they will keep it in their own coin boxes.

The elder boy David, place his coin box on his study shelf outside, high up so that none would bother to even touch it. It is as if his place of safe keeping. The younger boy Jonathan place his coin box along side with my other three coin boxes, on my dressing table, in my bedroom.

This funny thing happens. Both of the boys, has their share of pocket money from my wife. But since Jonathan's coin box is right next to mine, and on my dressing table, in my bedroom, I sometimes, generously drop another coin or two into his coin box. He gets a bonus. However, since David's coin box is outside, far away from me, he gets just his share, no bonus!!

Our Father God is also like that. He like us His children to draw near to Him. Remember, that's where the source of blessings is. And He is generous enough to bless us with more, and more. Nearer we get near to Him, more blessing we get, FOC. Bonus !! Yeah !!

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Good devotional material.. Add some Scripture verses and you can be writing for Our Journey..Haha! Keep it up! God bless!

    ReplyDelete