18 January, 2009

Remembered !!


Remembered !! What a surprised !!

My ex-colleague, Lee, called yesterday and asked if I am free for this evening. He wanted to invite me to a Chinese New Year Dinner among our ex-colleagues. The dinner is to be held at the best hotel in town. Although, this Chinese New Year Dinner is among the team in the workplace, it is not a company event, rather a private one. The ex-colleagues hosted the dinner and paid for it themselves.

I fell so honoured to be invited, for I had left the company for more than three years now. The ex-colleagues still "remembered" me. Each year, Lee will never fail to invite me to this special dinner hosted by the ex-colleagues. They reckon that I am still as if their manager three years ago. I was greatly pleased.

I gladly and casually accepted the invitation, expecting good food and good company.

But today I learn the real reason why this special Chinese New Year Dinner was hosted by the ex-colleagues, and that I am invited every year. It is actually a tradition started by me myself. I barely can remember it, but it is when many years ago, me and my dear colleague, Lee, decided to each fork out our own money to buy the rest of our colleagues a good Chinese New Year Dinner treat to appreciate their efforts for the year. This was carried out without the knowledge of our big boss. It was an insignificant event for me, and I had almost forgotten it. But little did I know, it actually had made a great impact to the rest of the team.

Feel so wonderful to be appreciated, it goes both ways. Everyone needs to be appreciated and remembered.

No comments:

Post a Comment