22 January, 2009

Tough Job


A colleague from the workplace came to my office over lunch hour and shared of her frustration with her work. So much work ahead, cannot finish and plus other loads of problems. Tough job, caused so much frustration in her. She actually caught me in surprise.

I pondered on Jesus, and check if He had actually been in the same situation. Actually yes, Jesus and His disciples went up to Mount Olives to pray at a place called Gethsemane. Jesus said his disciples, "My soul is exceedingly sorrowful, even to death." And He prayed to the Father in heaven, "O My Father, if it is possible, let this cup pass from Me; nevertheless; not as I will but as You will." Matt 26:38-39.

Jesus also has a tough job in front of Him, it was a big job, in fact this is "the job" that provides salvation to the sinful mankind. Jesus was obedience to the end, He submit to His Father in heaven. He took it all as the Father wills. He was sorrowful, but He never complained, He never murmured. He kept his focus on the Father's objectives. He completed the job. Now all mankind can be saved because of Jesus' work on the cross.

Frustration in workplace is common, but let's complete the work, no matter how tough, let's keep focused on the objectives. The reward is great at the end.

3 comments:

  1. I guess no one will really like to be in that kind of situation, rite? But I definately believe that she will be alrite after she has thought through and knew what she needed to focus and work for. I guess that calls growing process. :p (btw, sometimes there is a different between murmuring/complaining and expressing feeling/thought, especially to a lady. this is the part most of guys fail to understand. hah.) but i am surprised that you actually were caught surprised by someone, as you always act so COOL.... haha....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hah, now I know, that is just merely an act... :p

    ReplyDelete