29 April, 2009

Ricky's Farewell


Ricky, my boss of the last four years has finally retired. He is 69. Worked on the same industry for more than 40 over years. Organised a party and got him a wonderful gift of a painting with the Kluang plant he built in the background. The world biggest synthetic latex plant.

Ricky is more than a boss to me. A mentor and one that has many exemplary characters that I would love to have for myself. A genuine, real, straight and honest man who loved his work and loved the people around him.

Ricky taught me many things beside engineering and work. Today over lunch he spoke about working and focusing on things that he truly enjoyed doing. It is this passion that kept him going for so long in his most elaborate career.

Passion.

God bless you Ricky.

No comments:

Post a Comment